Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Infadels

I saw The Infadels yesterday on TV when my mind cast back to Melkweg 3 weeks earlier. Having wanted to watch London Calling (a 2 day mini festival in Amsterdam featuring the best British indie bands) and failing to do so as we ran out of tickets (quite predictable knowing my sense of urgency for these kinds of things) and had to settle for an audience with The Infadels at the Melkweg.

As it was my (our) first visit to Melkweg ( a celebrated rock venue in Amsterdam), we were excpecting something special. Yet not me nor my other companions knew anything about the band and I wish it stayed that way. I cannot even define their genre, some indie-dance thing I suppose. They certainly started that way with Talking Heads/Franz F dancabilly tracks albeit with much less musical excitement and an annoying lead singer to boot! Their songs were catchy...for 10 minutes..before the lack of variety and the cat calls took over. Well, at least I got to see Melweg!

No comments: