Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Automate this

Having decided to do my office work from University due to my 'Placement Report' deadline, I've had the opportunity to listen to all the albums I have downlaoded/bought recently. Curiously, all of them were produced by Dan 'The Automator' Nakamura. You see, within 2 weeks of JK giving me a taste of Del The Funkee Homosapien and Deltron 3030, I have gone searching for all Automator produced records I could get my hands on. This is the list I have:

1. Deltron 3030: Automator produced with Del The Funkee Homosapien and DJ Kid Koala
2. Handsome Boy Modeling School: with Prince Paul (De La Soul's DJ)
3. Gorillaz: Automator produced with Damon Albarn, Del The Funkee Homosapien and DJ Kid Koala
4. Dr. Octagon: Automator produced with Kool Keith (from the Ultramagnetic MC's)

I haven’t had this excitement with listening to records since I started to listen to The Velvet Underground so I’m still grasping my words for right words to describe these albums not to mention the quannum projects crew (DJ Shadow, Blackalicious and Latyrx to name a few) which I explored not too long ago. Once I do though, The Ludovico is where you’ll find ‘em.

No comments: